We’re excited that you have signed up for the PC3 Parent Network’s Father-Son Campout. We’re just under a week away, so here’s what you need to know.
- The location is a farm in Rocky Point. Directions are below.
- You can arrive starting at 1 pm on Saturday, Oct. 21st. We’ll have some organized activities all afternoon and dinner will be at 5:30. If you need to arrive later than 5:30, we’ll still have food for you.
- We’ll end at around noon on Sunday. Breakfast will be provided but not lunch.
- Below is a packing list. Feel free to bring other camping gear if you have it.
- Sleeping bag
- Camp chairs for each camper
- Flashlight(s) / Headlamp(s) *check your batteries!
- Personal first aid kit
- Bug spray
- Warm/cool weather clothing *check the weather before packing!
- Sturdy close toed shoes
- Water bottles
- Fishing rod (there is a pond)
- BB Guns (if you want to participate in target practice)
- Insurance card for each participant. (Insurance carrier, policy # and Member ID info is required information on the Waiver that will be signed during check in.)
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We’re looking forward to a great campout so we’ll see you there.
Directions to Sue and Don Davis farm – 2112 Little Kelly Rd., Rocky Point, NC 28457
Phone: home 910- 259- 9770; cell 910- 604- 8126
Head south on I-40. Take exit 408 (Hwy. 210). Will be taking Hi-way 210 West.
Within 3 blocks, will see stop light at intersection of Hwy 117 and Hwy 210. Continue thru light on Hwy 210 West for 4.7 miles.
Road will terminate at “T” stop. Turn right – ( Will be on Little Kelly Rd, but no sign) Will see 4 chicken houses on your right (and smell them if weather damp). Continue on Little Kelly Rd. for 3.2 miles.
After about 3 miles on Little Kelly Rd., will pass Halls Chapel Baptist Church on right. (This is second church)
Couple blocks further; will see two brick houses on left. Just past that last brick house on left, look for my mailbox also on left. Will see green sign #2112 attached to mailbox. Just prior to mailbox will see “Welcome Port City Community Church” banner with attached balloons.
Turn left into private gravel lane (about ½ mile long – don’t give up) by mailbox. (Will see CPI Security sign just as you turn in).Will go thru short bit of woods, then will see recently cut corn field on either side of road. Will see red horse barn on right and then should see buildings and my house to right. We are only people on the private road.
If you miss turn into my road, and cross little creek bridge, you will have gone too far.